Event is FINISHED
Architecture Walk: The Art Edition #2
Held in Arab Street-Kampong Glam.
A for: Architecture, Art, Arab Street, Artistry, Arbite.
Discover an art gallery showcasing works by Singaporean photographers, street art works by acclaimed urban artists, a blue mosque that, in addition to being art in itself, inspired art and a hotel housed in a lovingly conserved series of shophouses - all while chatting about the architecture and built environment of the Arab Street - Kampong Glam neighbourhood.
This is an intimate, 90-minute hands-on tour, where you'll walk and chat as part of a small group (capped at 8) about architecture, art and Arab Street. You'll start off with a coffee or tea crafted at Artistry cafe (included in ticket price) and end with casual chats over drinks at A for Arbite (self-pay).
* This will be the second iteration of the Arab Street ArchiWalk. Please don't expect a polished experience yet. On the flipside, you'll get to shape future walks!
* Only 8 spots are available - limited early-bird tickets.
* Please note that the start time is 630pm on a weekday. (We serve you a snack to tide you over until 8pm).
About the walk leader:
Fabian Lua is an enthusiast of architecture, walking and re-discovering Singapore. His experience in understanding architecture range from the formal (taking architecture history classes when he was at UPenn) to the informal (reading books from Basheer and the library). He has led art tours as part of OH! Open House in Tiong Bahru and Marina Bay.
- You can only buy up to 2 tickets. Come make new friends!
- We've been completely full for the past five sessions of the Bugis-Bras Basah walk and the first session of the Arab Street-Kampong Glam walk.
- We are visiting a gallery-cafe, several street art walls, a mosque, a conserved hotel and a bistro (housed in an old school).
- If you'd like to come but $ is a barrier, contact us please.
Background of header image: artwork by Zachas.
Artistry on Jalan Pinang
(incl. craft coffee
| SOLD OUT $10.00
(incl. craft coffee
| SOLD OUT $12.00
- Venue Address
17 Jalan Pinang
Architecture Walks Singapore